- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400 g pappardelle
- 150 g rocket (arugula)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan with lid. Add onion and garlic; cook gently for 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir-fry over medium heat until lightly coloured. Reduce heat slightly and stir in tomatoes. Cover pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes or until tomatoes are very soft and chicken is cooked through.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pappardelle in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10–12 minutes or following packet instructions, until al dente. Drain.
- Stir rocket into sauce and season to taste. Transfer pasta to a large warmed serving bowl. Spoon over sauce and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Tip Don’t have pappardelle? Use tagliatelle, linguine or fettuccine.
Pasta: 125 Classic & Contemporary Recipes is out now. From traditional favourites to weekday suppers, you’ll find the perfect dish. Available from Reader’s Digest.