Brunch can be a solo treat, a special occasion for two, or the meal that brings family and friends together.
Try these ideas:
|Bagels with smoked salmon||Berry compote|
|Boiled eggs with asparagus||Corn fritters with salsa|
|Crunchy muesli||Eggs Benedict|
|French toast||Fresh fruit with porridge|
|Scrambled eggs with herbs||Smashed avocado on Turkish toast|
|Spicy tomato baked eggs||Spinach frittata|
|Waffles with maple syrup||Yoghurt berry parfait|
|Yoghurt with muesli and berries||Zucchini and fetta fritters|
Yoghurt Berry Parfait
- 250 g (8 oz) fresh or frozen mixed berries, such as strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (125 g) toasted muesli
- 1/2 cup (50 g) walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 1 pomegranate (optional)
- 2 1/3 cups (600 g) low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- Chill four tall glasses in the refrigerator.
- Combine berries, lemon juice and caster sugar in a food processor or blender and process to make a smooth coulis.
- Stir toasted muesli and walnuts in a bowl so that the walnuts are evenly distributed.
- If using pomegranate, fill a large bowl with water. Use a small sharp knife to make a shallow cut in the pomegranate skin (not penetrating the flesh) in a circle around the top of the pomegranate, then peel off this top section of skin to reveal the pomegranate seeds and white membranes separating the sections. Make shallow cuts in the skin down the sides of the pomegranate, in line with each white membrane. Hold the pomegranate under the water in the bowl and gently tear the sections apart and separate the seeds. (This prevents the juice squirting.)
- Put a spoonful of muesli mixture in the bottom of each glass. Top with a spoonful of yogurt. Add a layer of berry coulis and top with another spoonful of yogurt. Repeat until each glass is filled. Top with pomegranate seeds, if using, or a spoonful of coulis to serve.