Sourdough Toast with Ricotta and Fresh Fruit
Use any fresh fruit in season for this recipe – sliced bananas, apples, pears, mangoes or strawberries, blueberries, grapes, cherries or mandarin segments would all be good.
- 8 slices wholegrain sourdough bread
- 150 g reduced-fat ricotta
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 figs, sliced
- 1 cup (125 g) raspberries
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mint
- Toast the sourdough bread until golden brown
on both sides. Let it cool slightly.
- Combine the ricotta, honey and cinnamon in a small bowl. Thickly spread the ricotta mixture over the toast.
- Top the toast slices with the figs and raspberries, and scatter with mint leaves to serve.