Thai Red Beef Curry
A fast and delicious Thai red beef curry recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
- 500 g lean sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (90 g) sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 200 ml low-fat coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup (150 ml) salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 cups (100 g) chopped spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup (10 g) fresh coriander leaves
- Combine the steak, vegetable oil and garlic in a bowl, tossing to coat.
- Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the steak and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms to the clean wok with a sprinkling of water and steam for 1–2 minutes, or until softened slightly.
- Return the steak to the wok, then stir in the curry paste, sugar, fish sauce, coconut milk, stock, spinach and coriander.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1–2 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve the curry over a bed of steamed rice, if desired.