Roasted Tomato, Cannellini Bean and Avocado Salad with Pan-fried Eggs
Tomatoes and white beans are a classic Italian combination that makes a perfect base for fried eggs. This dish is rich in anti-oxidants from the tomatoes and greens. Roasting the tomatoes adds a layer of sweetness to the dish, and the egg provides a protein boost at any time of day.
- 250 g red cherry tomatoes
- 400 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 1/3 cups (60 g) baby rocket
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the tomatoes on the tray. Roast for 15 minutes, until softened and lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with the cannellini beans, avocado, rocket, chives and lemon juice. Arrange on four serving plates.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, until the whites have set, or until done to your liking.
- Serve the eggs on top of the bean mixture, sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.